Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Great visit with the Anderson Rotary Club

Club President Mike Wilson and I were both kind of nervous about my first official club visit for the 2011-12 year, but did not take long to warm up and get a great discussion going with the board. About 15 board members attended the meeting prior to the regular club meeting, and many of them expressed their excitement about taking the club to the next level. President Mike commented that he felt somewhat overwhelmed at PETS (a common feeling for club presidents), but he now felt much more confident in being able to successfully lead the club this year. I was so pleased to hear about their plans to recruit at least three net new members (stretch goal of 10) for each of the next 5 years. 

Last year immediate Past President Glenn Brill did a great job leading the club to complete 10 service projects and increase donations to The Rotary Foundation. Glenn was honored today as the Notable Rotarian for the Anderson Rotary Club. His nomination stated that Glenn had "breathed new life into the club and led the club through a tough time." Glenn has only been a Rotarian for nine years, but has made a major impact on his community and the Anderson Rotary Club! I am honored to make a $100 donation to The Rotary Foundation in Glenn Brill's name!  

During the regular club meeting we enjoyed a great meal, fellowship, Happy Dollar moments, and some excellent Rotary trivia. Tri County Technical College (Anderson campus)  provided an excellent meeting location and superb audiovisual support for the meeting and my presentation. The Rotarians seemed to appreciate my presentation, and one club member told me after the meeting that I should consider being the District Governor for two years. I appreciated his remarks, but think DGE Kim Gramling will be a great DG next year! President Mike and the Anderson Rotary Club, thank you for making my first official club visit such a special event. Kathy and I appreciate your hospitality and wish you the very best this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment