Thursday, July 7, 2011

Another beautiful day in Anderson, SC!

Today was another beautiful day in Anderson, SC for Kathy and I! We had a great visit with the Rotary Club of Greater Anderson and were so excited to hear about the impact that this club has in the community. I encouraged them to post some of their great projects on our new district blog. This club raised over $70,000 with their signature event, Dancing for our Heroes. Most of the club members volunteer to read for a local elementary school class, and their class had some of the highest achievement test scores in the school district! The Greater Anderson Club is excited about the new year, and I expect to see their membership grow dramatically! I was also pleased to hear that 6 new Paul Harris Fellows will be named this year. The response to my presentation today was very positive despite me going past the meeting closing time! Sorry! I just had so many great examples from this club to share in my presentation and did not detect anyone nodding off or leaving. 


AG Bill Harley joined me today and did a great job with the introduction. Bill is an outstanding Assistant Governor and a great resource for this area.


Barb Baptista, the Director of the Anderson Free Clinic, attended the meeting today and accepted a generous donation from the club for support of the free clinic. I really appreciate this donation and know that the less fortunate in Anderson will benefit.
Wanda White, a club member for just four years now serving as the club secretary, was recognized as the Notable Rotarian today. Wanda is the Annual Giving Coordinator for Hospice of the Upstate and has exemplified Service Above Self in her club and community! By the way, Wanda will be getting married soon to Jim and brought him to the club meeting today! Wanda, I am very proud of you and thank you for your service to Rotary!

Kathy and I are on to Clemson to meet with their board tonight and regular meeting tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment